Forsaken couldn’t save the PS4 clan (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, October 27, 2018, 13:22 (2015 days ago) @ Korny
edited by Cody Miller, Saturday, October 27, 2018, 13:26

It’s a weird time, and I don’t think it’s going to get any better. Between all of the different Halloween events, new game releases, and number of Persistent-world games available, Destiny content just doesn’t quite have the same pull that it once did.

I feel like it's just that we are all getting sick of the bullshit.

The progression system in Forsaken is just compete garbage. The fact that people don't want to do anything once you reach 600 just reveals that the things you do to progress are by and large not intrinsically enjoyable.

Not that I will completely defend Destiny 1 here, but there was some semblance that your skill and familiarity with activities contributed to your advancement. Yeah the raid was RNG, but if you got good at it you could crank it out every week for more chances at a drop. How can I get better at getting a prime engram drop? How can I get better at doing 8 bounties for Petra every week? It's stupid. Don't make me spend time to advance. Make me learn.

The whole investment system was so clearly designed to spread players around to populate all activities… instead of trusting the activities are enjoyable in and of themselves. The shared world aspect of Destiny is holding it back and mandating these awful design decisions.

Co-op RPG. This is the genre Destiny should have been. It's the genre the game world deserved.

That being said please do the raid with me guys :-p I'm ready. And a shattered throne would be cool in 2 weeks.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread