Forsaken couldn’t save the PS4 clan (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, October 27, 2018, 14:08 (2015 days ago) @ Claude Errera

The fact that people don't want to do anything once you reach 600 just reveals that the things you do to progress are by and large not intrinsically enjoyable.

Why do you say shit like this, Cody?

I've played hours and hours and hours of stuff with people who are 600. You talk to one or two people that feel differently, and think it's okay to write a general sentence talking about 'facts' based on those conversations - that actually makes me ANGRY.

Jesus.

I personally haven't run into anyone who "doesn't want to do anything" once they've hit 600, so I'm not sure where that claim is coming from :-/

Since I hit 600, I no longer have that pull that makes me feel like I "must" do certain activities (to the extent that I ever felt like I "must" do something in a video game). But that's very different from "not wanting to do them". I still have lots of fun patrolling the dreaming city, or doing my Gambit and Crucible daily/weekly bounties. I'm utterly against the existence of light levels or power grind in Destiny, yet I've been pleasantly surprised by the way Forsaken has never made me feel locked out of an activity that I really wanted to do, due to being under leveled, with the exception of the Raid. And for maybe the first time in Destiny's lifespan, there's so much other great stuff to do that I didn't really miss raiding. I'm only just not starting to feel a real itch to dive into it seriously... the other content kept me thoroughly occupied more than long enough for me to pass the required light level. So while I don't inherently disagree with Cody's complaint about the leveling system, I'm forced to admit that I've found the level grind in Forsaken to be almost completely unobstructive, which is surprising considering how steep the climb is.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread