Raid Encounter #5 One-Phase *SP* (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, October 29, 2018, 09:15 (2013 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I think that’s different.

Morgeth feels almost explicitly designed to be one-phased, in that every subsequent round feels like punishment for failing to kill him by getting more difficult.

So it’s like they know it’s going to be one-phased, but it’s possible to still pull off the encounter through multiple phases if you can really pick up the slack on the next round.

I don’t think any other multi-phase encounter feels quite like that. Kalli doesn’t get harder on subsequent phases. Shuro Chi doesn’t either, arguably. The final floor is arguably more difficult, but I think mostly it’s just different an unexpected with those things extra adds in the last damage phase. But that feels like a natural progression as you climb the tower, and she can’t be one-phased anyway. The Vault doesn’t get more difficult at all, it’s literally the same thing three times as far as I can tell. I didn’t watch that video and I don’t know for sure, but I suspect Riven will be the same thing—just difficult through repetition of complex mechanics, with no real change between rounds.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread