Raid Encounter #5 One-Phase *SP* (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, October 29, 2018, 10:17 (2013 days ago) @ Speedracer513

The Vault has three rounds of three waves each. The waves get harder because of the Knights, but each actual round is the same. I think Shuro Chi does get more difficult as you climb the tower, but not in the same way Morgeth does. Shuro Chi just gives you different enemy combos as you climb, which doesn’t really translate one to one as more difficult. It’s just different. Morgeth gives you more to deal with, in the form of more Taken energy to have to deal with, which makes things feel more hectic in a way that I don’t think the other encounters do.

In any case, those other two encounters can’t be one-phased, so you can’t really read that escalation as punishment. Morgeth can pretty easily be one-phased, and the escalation feels like a second chance mechanic almost.

I guess I can’t say with confidence that it was explicitly designed to be one-phased with second chance rounds. But I do feel confident in saying they’re okay that it can be one-phased, because there’s zero chance they didn’t test the encounter with a team of Whispers and Sleepers and realize how easy it is.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread