Raid Encounter #5 One-Phase *SP* (Destiny)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, October 29, 2018, 09:47 (2013 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I think that’s different.

Morgeth feels almost explicitly designed to be one-phased, in that every subsequent round feels like punishment for failing to kill him by getting more difficult.

So it’s like they know it’s going to be one-phased, but it’s possible to still pull off the encounter through multiple phases if you can really pick up the slack on the next round.

I don’t think any other multi-phase encounter feels quite like that. Kalli doesn’t get harder on subsequent phases. Shuro Chi doesn’t either, arguably. The final floor is arguably more difficult, but I think mostly it’s just different an unexpected with those things extra adds in the last damage phase. But that feels like a natural progression as you climb the tower, and she can’t be one-phased anyway. The Vault doesn’t get more difficult at all, it’s literally the same thing three times as far as I can tell. I didn’t watch that video and I don’t know for sure, but I suspect Riven will be the same thing—just difficult through repetition of complex mechanics, with no real change between rounds.

The Vault does indeed get more difficult -- Starts with one Sword Knight spawning with the first Eye of Riven Captain, then two, then three.

The Shuro Chi and and Morgeth encounters both go up in difficulty from thrall on wave one to psions on wave two to acolytes on wave three.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread