On the topic of the 5th Raid encounter (spoilers) (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, October 29, 2018, 15:03 (2013 days ago) @ cheapLEY

So I actually just don’t like this encounter. I haven’t finished the whole thing, but I think I can see where it’s going. I have been spoiled on the final thing you have to do, which seems neat.

I’m just over the callout stuff. Calling out symbols no one else can see just isn’t that interesting. It the least interesting way to demand teamwork and communication. It’s not even that interesting or fun to problem solve. When figuring out the puzzle turns into taking a screenshot so we can agree on a way to number 12 spots in a room for callouts, or agreeing what to call one of four distinct snakes, I think a wrong turn has been taken somewhere in terms of design. It’s convoluted for the sake of being convoluted. It’s challenge by way of being tedious, and it’s just not fun.

That’s without considering that you’re right—fighting a huge dragon should be way cooler than it is. I’m

By the end, everything was fine. We largely knew our callouts and could do them quickly and efficiently. But... yeah... having my laptop in front of me with a pair of annotated .pngs (one of the eyes, one for the in-room positions) did seem a bit much. Even though the Riven encounter was fine... I think the Argos encounters were at least as on-the-fly challenging but were also more fun because they were less tediously complex...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread