Yep, exactly. (Destiny)

by Blue_Blazer_NZ, Wellington, New Zealand, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 19:18 (3519 days ago) @ General Battuta

My question is, and I don't mean to be rude here; is why is the story that is actually in the game so thin and shallow?

I understand the Grimoire was written at the end of the development, but still, there had to have been a reasonably solid story written for the game at some point earlier in development. I find it hard to believe a big-budget game like this, with so much riding on it would essentially leave the actual story out of the in-game "Story" mode and simply relegate it to a last minute task to be written up for a companion app or website.

Sorry if that seem's blunt; I'm just trying to get my head around it. Perhaps I'm old-fashioned, but I didn't have to go reading a bunch of stuff on a website to get the meaning to what I was doing when I played the campaign of Halo CE.

P.S. As I say - I love the Grimoire material itself; it's the disconnect between that and Destiny's in-game story that has me baffled.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread