Bungie, fix the actual problems in this game (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Friday, October 31, 2014, 12:48 (3466 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Doesn't sound like a glitch to me. You didn't make your own fate: someone else had to save you.

Doesn't matter what sounds like a glitch to you (or me for that matter). Having three people in back and three in front didn't sound like a glitch to anyone until Bungie pulled that out of thin air. You might be right, but that sure hasn't been communicated.

This entire reply just reeked with defensiveness, but this answer actually bugged me.

You are welcome to complain that you're unhappy that you didn't get the buff because you were dead. (Oh, fine, go ahead and tell me it wasn't even you - it was someone else in the party. I actually don't care who it was.) But RC's explanation is a pretty damned good one, and it fits nicely with the viewed results. They don't communicate ANYTHING directly about the raid - that's the whole friggin' point! You have to figure it out! (They don't even tell you where to go.)

Wha? It was me, and like you said, it doesn't matter if it was me or not, so whatever. And obviously if they don't communicate anything about the Raid, and you have to figure it out, and then you figure out that you have an away team if you have three people further back and then they come out and say that's a glitch, then obviously, whether RC brought up a fantastic explanation or not, it doesn't change the fact that it might very well be a glitch that the buff isn't there if you happen to be revived during Time's Vengeance.

So you just learned something you didn't know before (that being resurrected after Time's Vengeance starts leaves you out of the buff), and your immediate assumption is 'bug'? Why? I guess I'm asking, why SHOULDN'T it be coded that way?

Good question! And because I assumed that Time's Vengeance is active for the entire room, not for a certain set of individuals based on whether or not they survived defending the portal for their away team. And yes, I'm aware that that is my assumption. But I also assumed that away team being further away from Atheon was a built in strategy. Your death removing Time's Vengeance, when, you know, it's the Vengeance of TIME, seems like it would be impacting REALITY in-game, not whether or not you happened to be alive at that particular time. But yes, I could be dead wrong. But back to the very first thing I said, it doesn't matter if you, myself, or RC thinks it's a bug or not. The fact is, we don't know if this is within Bungie's intent or if it's a bug at this point.

Why do you expect it EASIER, when they've already said a thousand times that they've gone out of their way to make it the hardest experience they've ever offered?

You're talking to me like I'm Riceatron over there never having managed to beat Atheon. I've taken him down many, many ways. I see a mechanic that seems to impact time and the room itself based on the Oracles going down, and wouldn't expect it to affect whether or not I happened to be alive at that time. The away team returns, and oh look, Time's Vengeance applies to them because they are now in the room where that change to reality is taking effect. They aren't precluded from it because they were on the other side of the portal when it began. My bad for expecting it to apply to me when I got revived. I'm still thinking it may be a bug, even with really plausible explanations for it not being one.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread