I think that's short-sighted. (Destiny)

by RC ⌂, UK, Tuesday, January 13, 2015, 06:32 (3401 days ago) @ petetheduck

"I think a better solution is to simply allow rewards from activities three times per week per account, rather than once per week per character. Same effect as now essentially, but now you don't have to have two other characters of the same class. I could just have one Hunter and do the stuff three times and not have to worry about switching. I think it's silly the system encourages creating three basically identical characters." - Cody Miller (was right)

I think Cody's solution is not only the best way to negate the advantage of redundant characters and eliminate rolling characters over and over again during the week, but actually improves the experience for all players regardless of the number of characters they have.

If there was one change I could make to Destiny right now, this would be it.

That'd make running the Raids and Nightfalls 3x a week less hassle but I don't think it'd make it any more interesting. The phrase 'same effect as now' is the give-away.

Except of course, people who do only have 1 character could now run it 3x a week for 3x the rewards and would wonder why they're being asked to do the same thing over and over again. This game already has a bit of a problem with grinding, I'd rather not add to it.

An easier inventory management system would achieve the 'same effect as now' without destroying the incentive for having multiple characters. I think it'd be more interesting tip it toward multi-class-ing and at least swap roles with your fireteam members if you are going to do it 3x a week.

Cody say's he's 'mastered' the raids, and is bored, but he's only done that as a Hunter (AFAIK). If he and CruelLegacey swapped roles I bet they'd both find it a bit more interesting again. Not that, with weapons, the classes play dramatically differently, but why play down or ignore the variety that is available?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread