I'll try and explain some more... (Destiny)

by digital_ronin, Wednesday, January 14, 2015, 09:37 (3399 days ago) @ RC

The weekly 'complete' flag for these is account-level rather than character-level

I missed this on the first read. It seems like this is the lynch pin for everything, otherwise, you'd still want to run the quest three times with the same character-class. But do we really need another resource and resource cap in this game? It seems like another step toward those mobile games that only allow you so many plays a day unless you purchase some in game box.

Introducing 3 armour upgrade items that are rewarded unequally to the different classes would be changing how armour works. More radically than changing Ascendants to Raidiant Shards. I'll try and break down how this would play out... <snip>

But how do you communicate all this to the player in game terms? It seems rather difficult. I'm not saying it isn't a good idea, just that is probably needs refinement so that it is more streamlined.

This idea could be tied into the 'class-specific-chests' idea, too. i.e. chests that a Hunter can access have rewards that skew towards Sapphire Shards.

Do we really need another material?

But do you get what I'm saying otherwise?

Yes.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread