Crota normal mode glitchtastic after patch? (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 08:46 (3384 days ago)

My regular raid crew beat Ir'Yut for the first time last night (Gjallerhorn is hax), and on to Crota, who was easy for me in my previous attempts with other crews.

This time, however, his encounter behaved poorly. Several times the ogres would spawn after only one sword bearer. Other times, he would "melee" kill our sword bearer from extended range, without any animation (it just looked like our guy fell down, but it said on his screen he was killed by crota's attack). Several other times he would charge the room we were in, totally throwing the rhythm of the fight. Several other times, he'd decide to move just as the sword was picked up, screwing our attempts to get him down. He would also now melee our sword bearer after he had dropped the sword and turned invisible.

Then, aside from Crota, the sword bearer would sometimes run away from us and hide down where you start the Ir'Yut fight, making it nearly impossible to kill him, and then making the run with the sword crazy long.

We're all 31, and yet the best we were able to do was 3 attacks on him before the enrage timer hit because of these issues. We did that 2 or 3 times. I don't think we were doing anything wrong, but the fight felt unfair in a way that it had not the last two times I was there, and it wasn't like any of the fights I've seen vids of.

Then my friend who runs crota 3 times a week joined us when one of our normal crew D/C'd, and he freaked out the first time Crota charged us. "You're game is bugged out" he told us.

So yeah, pretty disappointing that the first time we get there, Crota decides to behave totally differently.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread