Timing is the same (Destiny)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 10:00 (3384 days ago) @ Beorn

I've gotten in the habit of starting a timer for the Crota encounter. If you start it when the door below the Chalice opens, Crota moves on one-minute intervals. He'll start his move at 55 seconds and finish at 60 seconds on the minute. This is the same behavior we saw during the first couple of weeks that Crota was around.

I guess the question then is whether the timing of when you grab the chalice (or anything else) affects when that door opens, and whether the removal of that "first" swordbearer affected that door's opening time.

I know before the patch the swordbearer would always be standing right next to chalice at the beginning and he would usually follow me to the left-side stairs after I grabbed it. Now, when I run out and grab the chalice there is no swordbearer (until he comes out with the thralls a few seconds after that door opens).

It's highly possible that I am incorrect in my perception but I swear I have noticed a slight difference in the pacing pre- and post-patch.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread