Yeah, That's GOTTA Be It, Right? (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 30, 2015, 21:10 (3375 days ago) @ Morpheus

I finally had the equipment to walk past the "You must be this equipped to ride" sign at the bridge of the Hellmouth, and I wanted that POWER.

Skill is what ultimately matters most. You don't need an icebreaker to beat Crota. You can be formidable with only stuff from the Vanguard.

I'm not saying that it's not a benefit to have good weapons, and perhaps hard mode is more demanding in that regard, but you can do it if you tailor your strategies around what your group has.

Truth be told, I do not use icebreaker at all anymore. The only time I used it was on Vault of Glass, because of the high impact, and the fact that the templar / atheon are vulnerable for short windows, which works perfectly with the icebreaker's regenerating ammo, yet small total ammo count.

However, for Crota on normal I was using LDR since it has as much power, yet more ammo capacity, and on hard Black Hammer. In fact, Black Hammer has completely replaced Icebreaker for me.

The bottom line, is don't get too caught up on having any specific gun, as the raids aren't designed in such a way that you NEED any specific weapon.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread