( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, February 09, 2015, 14:03 (3382 days ago) @ Kermit

Only to have it not work either? My headset costs $250, and it is supposed to be compatible. It's working right now. The disc drive is not trying to eject my disc right now. Messages work sometimes, and the PS4 interface is weird--the store especially (why do they play vidoes in tiny boxes you can't expand?). Luckily for them, Microsoft made a hash of their storefront, too.

Your reading comprehension sucks.

I do not think that means what you think it means.

I have tested multiple headsets.

You only said that for the Xbone. Which, isn't exactly the ideal way to test a headset, what with the proprietary adapter and all that...

I bought them not have to buy another headset, and most other gaming headsets I might buy would be a step down, in terms of sound quality.

That totally screams "I have tested multiple headsets", I don't know why I could have thought otherwise.

Your PS4 ain't all that. I probably should have left it alone, but I don't love either console. There are things I like and dislike about each.

Stay on one topic, please. That whole ramble has nothing to do with Headset issues on current-gen consoles. Heck, that they work "just fine" on last-gen consoles is borderline irrelevant, since Microsoft requires a proprietary adapter (not guaranteed to work 100%) for this gen, among other required compatibility updates, and who knows what's up on the Sony end other than a potential clash between how the audio works between the game, the system, and the headsets (Destiny has a different way to set up audio than the PS4's mixing, which is a problem compounded by a third-party headset having its own volume settings)...

I think you should buy a Gold headset ($60-$100 depending on deals) for the PS4. It's relatively inexpensive, solid quality, and guaranteed to work (literally guaranteed).
That you complain about "having to step down in quality" is kind of odd, since your current situation is apparently not providing you with an ideal experience. How old is your current headset? They don't last forever, you know.

The last time you were in a party you would bounce between not hearing us, and sounding far away...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread