Cross platform issues? (Destiny)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 11:13 (3381 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I also wonder if the fact that next gen consoles record so easily made Bungie feel filmmaking/theater modes weren't a priority?

I'd think so. I also wouldn't be surprised if Bungie wanted to keep exact feature parity between all four version of Destiny and the older consoles (especially the RAM starved PS3) couldn't handle it. They are, after all, displaying decently more complex graphics and shadows than we had in Reach
while also doing constant background matchmaking all on the same old hardware. Perhaps something had to give?

Perhaps the significant work Bungie also did to advance beyond Halo 3's "grind to a halt" co-op networking model has something to do with it too? If I understand it correctly, Halo 3 / ODST / Reach would slow down and even outright pause the entire game world until every player was completely in sync. Destiny never pauses the game world. Instead it seems to try and get players back in sync when it can while keeping gameplay smooth when it can't. This sometimes causes enemies to blip backwards in time or to die and undie and die again as Destiny works out all your fireteam's inputs. Maybe that harder to write down in a coherent, theater-mode-able state?

That only happened with enemy AI. In non-firefight matchmaking that never happened. I think the main reason we can't review clips is that the main story modes / patrol modes are all run mainly on the destiny servers somewhere instead of on our consoles.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread