Patrol Potential (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Sunday, April 05, 2015, 23:39 (3311 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

[snip]

The moral of my little story: I think Patrol mode could be greatly improved even without adding anything to it. We just need MORE of what's already there. More public events, more patrol missions, more bounties that lend themselves to patrol mode.

I both agree and disagree. Part of the interest such combinations of events create is their relative rarity. If anything, Minions of Crota happens too often and too regularly. Rare occurrences like this are supposed to be rare-- that is what makes them interesting. It is, I think, a bit foolish to fall into the idea that just "more" of that would be better. The scenario you described was interesting because it doesn't happen all the time. If it started to happen more often it would become routine, commonplace, and uninteresting.

Patrols could use a refresh, or a bit more variety, but it's supposed to be the least dense activity-- it is that way on purpose.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread