I'm just worried about the poor level 4 doing patrol. (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, April 06, 2015, 13:50 (3310 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

He just walks in the room trying to get to Mothyards and is annihilated. You'd need to separate the instance. Darkness zone or whatever.

I actually like the idea of having the occasional situation that makes lower level guardians run for the hills. Not too frequently of course, but every now and then it would be cool to have a situation come up that makes players stop and think "can I really handle this?"

Back when I first started leveling up my Titan, I stumbled across a "Defend the WarSat" public event in the mothyards. I was the only guardian nearby, but I joined it anyway. No big deal, right?

Just as the event started, the Blades of Crota invaded the world and ran straight into the zone where the WarSat had crashed. It was right about now that I remembered I was only a level 5. All of a sudden I was in a frantic fight for my life as I danced around the wreckage. I was totally outmatched. I was about to bail, when a level 17 and a level 20 swooped in on their sparrows and saved my ass. It was awesome, and another example of something exciting happening in patrol mode for a change.

What you just described is one of the coolest experiences in this version of Destiny. It's why I often go for Kill the Target public events even when I'm the only guy around and can't really do it by myself. The excitement of other players joining in is worth risking my gold tier.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread