All right, Grif. (Destiny)

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 00:34 (3224 days ago) @ petetheduck
edited by Funkmon, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 00:41

Whether or not you think Activision is bad is irrelevant.

It is their right to do with their stuff what they want. You are taking their stuff. If they want to charge you $40 for something but hold back a mission, it's their shit and their right to do it.

Say you own a concert venue with a line outside. You charge a small fee to get in a priority line to get in earlier than the normal people, and these people get a ticket. Someone figured out how to spoof tickets, and now people are getting in that line who didn't pay. But it's suddenly all right for them to con you out of your money for your business and your venue and your service because they don't like that you're charging more for priority seating?

I don't think so. I don't like these microtransaction things either, but it's definitely not our right to take THEIR STUFF that THEY put a price point and availability restrictions on because WE don't like it.

It reminds me of Grif from the NYC2 PSA from Red Vs. Blue.

Grif: Does anyone have the new Creed C.D.?
Church: I have it.
Grif: Give it to me, right now.
Church: Give it to you, why would I do that?
Grif: You're not giving it to me! Give it to me faster!
Church: Wait, that's illegal.
Grif: No it isn't. I don't want it to be illegal, therefore it isn't. That's the way it works.

EDIT: I just want to say this probably isn't legally stealing. Almost certainly not. But still. :P

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread