Red Bull**** Quest (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, July 01, 2015, 16:23 (3223 days ago) @ Claude Errera

The great thing here is that we are both totally okay with the choices we made in this situation. Win-win.

That's all well and good if you was only you and Kermit being affected. You forgot about the kid who plays by the rules and buys the Red Bull and maybe gets nothing because you used / stole the code from him. It doesn't matter if corporate greed or bad programming or icky marketing is involved, your actions stop being even close to ethical when theres the possibility you're hurting the experience of other people.

Except that all the people reporting in about REAL codes mention the fact that they include letters, as well.

None of the codes utilized in this thread match those real codes.

Right. And that's good. But as far as I can tell people were guessing codes before they knew they weren't depriving others from using them. And petetheduck said he was in favor of causing problems for others in order to protest this whole situation. I don't like petetheduck's view where results are results no matter who has to get hurt along the way. I take Herzog's view:

Principles are results, they are ends in themselves.

'course Herzog hit a bridge right after that, but that's a risk I'm willing to take. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread