Red Bull**** Quest (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 12:16 (3222 days ago) @ petetheduck

If all you are mature enough to do is parrot my past words back at me while ignoring the topic at hand, then I see no reason to continue this further. You clearly aren't ready to have a grown-up conversation.

Good day, sir!

I didn't bother watching the youtube link. It was probably too mature for me anyway.

I have enjoyed the parallels between this conversation and the witchhunting one because of the kind of role reversal that has been going on. So I was curious how you and Kermit would react when presented with that.

I see no difference between the severity of what you said to me in this thread and what I previously said to you in the other, yet in that thread you took offense to my words and immediately the thread topic was ignored and it became about what words I used and nothing else.

You set me up so perfectly to see how you would react to the same behavior. The same words, even. How would Ragashingo respond to Ragashingo? I have my answer, and I'll now let you have the last word.

I have been exceptionally transparent in this thread, I don't know why there is any confusion. This thread has become like debating the Trolley Problem--there is no universal solution. You guys might think the correct solution is to walk away and not participate, but I saw a potential for my agenda to benefit.

Enjoy your Red Bull.

Now that my memory has been jogged about that old debate, I'll just say that the big issue for me was you making assumptions about Raga's motives. (Most of us who post a lot and get into debates have been guilty of that at some point--it's a bad sign if I'm unhappy and I'm beginning a sentence with "You ...".) Declaring what Raga's ends were, and stating that he intended harm became a big part of the debate.

The difference here is that the debate began after you clearly stated what your ends were. The debate here was about whether your ends justified your means.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread