Nah. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, December 01, 2015, 00:21 (3041 days ago) @ Funkmon

Look, I don't like the no revives thing. I prefer doing normal mode raids to hard mode raids. I don't like things that are hard in any way.

But allowing a revive, for anything, literally anything, would take away what makes the hard mode raids hard as fuck, which is their draw.

I actually don't think so. If you're doing the Oyrx fight, it's already decently difficult to recover from a death, with revives. I haven't done HM, but I bet it's pretty much just a matter of oh, someone died? Let's just wipe because we're absolutely fucked now. That's not fun or even particularly challenging. I think it's much more rewarding, and even more challenging in some ways, to be able to recover from someone getting killed. Someone has to pick up the slack until the revive can happen which causes a scramble. Higher level enemies and the extra mechanics will make this sufficiently hard, but it also allows for you to recover from a death halfway through a fight, rather than just losing time and having to start over.

TL;DR: No revives just discourages people from trying to recover and instead start over for a clean run. That's not "hard" in any good sense of the word. It's just a frustrating waste of time.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread