Against revives entirely (Destiny)

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, December 01, 2015, 15:50 (3070 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by TheeChaos, Tuesday, December 01, 2015, 16:00

Hard mode is Hard because of No revives. Yes the enemy difficulty is a little higher, and the mechanics are different, but those changes don't really make it Hard mode. The no Revives does. Oryx would on Normal is easy, and its because you have a nice 30ish second break between rotations. Add revives into play, and Hardmode loses is value. So I do not think adding revives is a good idea.

However, I do agree with CruelLEGACEY's statement regarding the bridge. The design is great. It is (was) challenging, but if someone went down (or the whole team for that matter) you could pull it off if you had the skill/knowledge. The oryx fight is probably the one place where losing someone is a big thorn in your side. During my last HM Oryx, if someone died before the first rotation ended, it was a wipe. There was no "Let's see if we can do it?" because it is already complex enough with 6 people knowing what they are doing. For me that is half the fun. Everyone has to be on point the entire match. And if you suck at a certain thing, it is going to force you to get better at it, if you want to complete it. For me, The hard mode is right where it needs to be. I need to be challenged, otherwise I will be in that post House of Wolves lull that we all felt because there wasn't much to work towards.

TL:DR The Hard Mode feels great for me. It can be a headache if someone messed up, but that forces everyone to be better. No one wants to hear "Well we were doing good, until you missed the platform". Between the sisters and Oryx fight, you are forced to improve. How many bad jumpers here can honestly say that doing the Raid hasn't helped their jumping? Probably very few. (not HM related, but still).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread