Me either, and I played a little. (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, December 11, 2015, 01:14 (3068 days ago) @ Korny

I dunno. Playing a game for such a short amount of time, and passing judgement on that is a pretty lame thing to do. I try to play a game as long as I can before I decide for sure that I don't like it, since you have to get used to the game, and the ways in which it differs from your comfort zones. Especially in this day and age of progression systems, where games take a while to pick up and open up for players.

I actually pretty strongly disagree with this. I get where you're coming from, and I don't disagree that it's possible to miss out on great experiences by giving up too soon, but I have neither the time nor the inclination to give games extended periods to hook me.

If it takes thirty minutes or more for your game to become fun, you designed it wrong.

It's like when I tried to watch Breaking Bad and found it incredibly boring. Everyone told me, "Oh but it really gets good in season 2!" Screw that. I'm not giving a show an entire season to catch my interest.

Granted, I do try to give games a bit of time to teach me its systems, but seriously, an hour tops. If I find absolutely no enjoyment in an hour, it's not worth it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread