Thoughts (DBO)

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Tuesday, December 15, 2015, 17:42 (3026 days ago) @ Oholiab

Your couch came up at our breakfast table this morning as I was relating our experience to Junior and Miss Oholiab. I was telling them how terrible we did at first, despite you carrying the team, and Junior asked, "did Beardfade's language get colorful?". That's when I related the story of the couch and hearing you explain the matter to your wife, then hearing you take it apart during idle moments the rest of the evening. Needless to say, they got a big kick out of the whole thing, and I can't guarantee Junior won't bring it up sometime.

That said, they both really enjoy playing with you because you're a good sport and very patient with underperformers and n00bs.

I'm sure James gets this, but if not, feel free to reinforce that I learned/inherited anger and colorful language from my own father, and while at times and in the right circles, colorful language is fun and funny, for the most part, those are two things my old man passed on that I'd rather not have. It's far easier to be a person who isn't quick to anger. Makes relationships a lot easier for sure.

I get the sense though that Junior is learning some real good lessons from you Senior, just hoping not to be a bad influence :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread