Female Leads (Gaming)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, January 06, 2016, 22:04 (3042 days ago) @ Kermit

First thought: Well, maybe they're a couple, but I didn't get that vibe--I mean, Finn seemed like he might be interested, but Rey less so. There's much less of that kind of spark between them that you saw, say, among the leads in the first Star Wars.

Yeah, I didn't really get a romance vibe from them either. Just loyalty and friendship. Definitely not anything like Luke's very obvious crush on Leia.

Second thought: Does anyone even think about this anymore one way or another except for old white people? (More particularly, racists and secret racists who compensate by bragging about their approval of interracial couples?)

I do, all the time. Maybe not in the way you mean, though. I'm not wrestling with the idea internally. Just noticing how far things have come and being glad about it.

Edit: took out the spoiler tag from the subject since I had already removed the spoilery thing in the message body.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread