VR has failed (Gaming)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, January 07, 2016, 19:06 (3040 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Avatar in 3D is still the only 3D film I wasn't disappointed with.

This is very surprising. Prometheus in 3D was significantly better. Any film that was animated with computers such as a pixar / dreamworks feature is better in 3D.

I think 3D would be even better for straight up dramas with no spectacle. The intimacy of seeing a 3D face that looks so real you can touch is pretty profound when it comes to reading and responding to the emotions of a character.

Remember how creepy Hannibal Lecter was? What if he looked straight at you like he does in silence of the lambs, but also came off the screen invading your personal space even more?

For me, 3D can be just as much a part of film as color if you think about it as just another aspect of your image.

Until 3D movies don't require extra gear (gear which may be scratched by the people who wore it before you did, or which doesn't fit you perfectly, or which shows you blurry edges of the screen around the parts that are actually covered by the lenses, or a half-dozen other potential problems with existing throwaway glasses), 3D movies will NEVER be as immersive as 2D movies that require no extra gear.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread