A caveat and a thanks! (Fireteam Builder Events)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, March 07, 2016, 15:14 (2972 days ago) @ Kermit

Apparently that didn't help much. He just kept falling through the platforms :)

Let the record show that was no one, much less me, can jump on the platforms unless they're torn. I probably used to know this, but forgot in the hopes that there was a "safe space" where we could practice.

Oh you and your "safe spaces". ;)

During an actual run later with Prof Ozy, I was given the opportunity to practice being the runner, and did okay (not that I didn't screw up, but I didn't screw up every time). I'm more comfortable and now feel like I won't break out into a cold sweat when I find myself torn.

My best advice is to learn to love jump-canceling/feathering. When running the Aura, use the following combo:

Sprint > Double Jump > L2 > Sprint the second you make contact with the ground > Repeat.

It will look like this:

By the way, thanks to everyone who helped with Prof Ozy's first run! He enjoyed it, and I thought it went well. There was a fair amount of failure, but not too much. I think if you get totally carried with no missteps you haven't had the full raid experience, so it's all good.

Kermit

Sounds like he's ready for a Flawless run!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread