A caveat and a thanks! (Fireteam Builder Events)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, March 07, 2016, 16:38 (2965 days ago) @ Korny
edited by Kermit, Monday, March 07, 2016, 17:09

Apparently that didn't help much. He just kept falling through the platforms :)

Let the record show that was no one, much less me, can jump on the platforms unless they're torn. I probably used to know this, but forgot in the hopes that there was a "safe space" where we could practice.

Oh you and your "safe spaces". ;)

Yeah, I know. ;) Creating "safe spaces" from the darkness are what the guardians are all about, right?

During an actual run later with Prof Ozy, I was given the opportunity to practice being the runner, and did okay (not that I didn't screw up, but I didn't screw up every time). I'm more comfortable and now feel like I won't break out into a cold sweat when I find myself torn.

My best advice is to learn to love jump-canceling/feathering. When running the Aura, use the following combo:

Sprint > Double Jump > L2 > Sprint the second you make contact with the ground > Repeat.

So wait, what does L2 do? If you've got Angel of Light enabled, you float, but otherwise does it cancel your jump? I've never used it that way. What subclass/perks do you recommend for the warlock? I've heard it's hardest with the Hunter and last night I was a hunter with triple jump and Bones of Eao.

It will look like this:

Thanks for the vid. The refinement I made last night was with the camera. I realized I was looking slightly up to the next orb and not looking at my feet, which caused me to miss the platform. Sounds obvious but turning the camera slightly down so that I could see where I was landing was a big help.

In contrast to me, my buddy Zans was a natural at running the platforms the first time, which I find interesting in terms how our real life capabilities affect our virtual abilities. He's an accomplished tap dancer. I am decidedly not that.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread