I had this experience once. (Gaming)

by Funkmon @, Friday, April 15, 2016, 16:19 (2945 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Totally understandable. Like I said, I'm sure this is just the wrong video for most of the public.

I remember someone talking to me about one of the Achievement Hunter Let's Plays in Minecraft where one of the guys was absolutely berating a girl for screwing up a build. Like stuff that would make you punch him if you saw it in a street. He didn't have the context and knowledge of the group to know that the girl was the guy's wife, and he hadn't seen videos enough to see that the guy is playing an angry character and spends most of the time he's yelling and swearing with a smile on his face. What he saw was bullying, but what regular viewers saw was Michael doing what only he can do, getting absurdly fake angry over nothing, at someone he loves dearly, and he didn't mean it. It's not a great introduction, and I remember thinking it was harsh, but I didn't think too much about it because I had been following those specific morons for three years, one of them for ten.

Now, some guy has a horrible first impression of the Achieve Men. Sad times. Unrelated: I wish they put out fewer videos so I could watch more of them, because I feel overwhelmed. The fact is, I never watch Rooster Teeth videos any more. I just wait until they come out on DVD and buy the DVD.

Cheap guy tip: for RWBY, X-Ray and Vav, animated stuff like that, don't buy the Blu-Ray. The DVD comes with the four commentary tracks or whatever still, and the extra definition on cartoons isn't worth it. You can get the RWBY DVD for $10, or the Blu-Ray for $18.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread