Mirror's Edge Catalyst is awesome (Gaming)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, April 22, 2016, 21:24 (2937 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm glad to hear this. I certainly don't agree with you on everything, but I know you "get" Mirror's Edge. And I don't mean to sound like some video game hipster, but only people who were into the original are really going to be able to tell me whether this new one is what I want it to be. Because whether it's a good game on its own isn't really the whole point for me - it needs to be worthy of the legacy, you know?

I never had concerns about the "open" aspect myself, but I'm still happy that you think it's an improvement. It always seemed to me like it would have to be - if they could keep the original feel more or less intact, and just have more alternate routes available, that alone would be worth a second game.

As far as it being a prequel, the developer's been hesitant to use that word for some reason, but they have said it definitely takes place at an earlier point in time than the first game. I'm not sure why they refuse to label it a prequel. Possibly they've changed something about the world or characters and don't want to be beholden to the canon? Or maybe it's something else, I dunno.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread