Some nits to pick (Gaming)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, April 25, 2016, 12:44 (2935 days ago) @ Kermit

The loading screens are boring and take way too long. They look and act a lot like Quantum Break loading screens, and I hate those, too. I don't mind that they take that long when you're first loading a map, but it should be much quicker if you're reloading a checkpoint after failure. This seems especially problematic in games that often require perfect execution of complex moves.

Yeah, it's annoying to do a dash trying to beat your score and have to wait on that loading screen after each attempt.

The music, as Cody said, is underwhelming.

Agreed.

I like the new fighting moves, but the NPCs don't handle collisions with geometry very well. If they're knocked into things or onto things and remain upright, they can look like they're having some kind of fit.

I found the best way to defeat the NPCs is to shove them into an object that causes them to fall over. They will immediately be defeated regardless of how much health they have left. It would be nice if the damage was more minor so they could get back up.

Maybe some of these things will improve in the release version.

Yep, this is definitely a beta. I'd expect things to be improved significantly by the team the game is released.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread