Why, why, why do new Titan armor have to look so STUPID!? (Destiny)

by Phoenix_9286 @, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 17:11 (3031 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

ugggg, everything I've seen about titans are just big plates of metal. That is it. It just keeps looking more and more stupid. There isn't even any embellishment on them! No spikes, no fur, no engraving. Nothing. Starting to piss me off. I just don't understand. I hope that there is more to see than that.

I hate 90% of the TTK Legendary Titan Armor. This trend looks to continue with RoI.

What I had at the end of HoW in Year 1 was lightweight, sleek, and armored just enough to look like something a sensible brawling Titan would wear into battle. With TTK, suddenly everything is huge, bulky, ugly, and makes me feel like a walking trash compactor. I'm not even sure where I found some of my Legendary gear now, but what I'm wearing doesn't seem to crop up all that often on other people (for the most part) and took ages to get (thanks RNGeezus!). A fair portion of it has recently been swapped out for Spektar gear, which I wasn't keen on at first, but as it doesn't make me look like a flipping piece of industrial construction equipment, it's grown on me. I'm still using a SRL helmet ffs because it's actually unique and doesn't look stupid.

It's a similar problem for the Warlock I started post TTK. The Legendary gear all looks stupid as hell. Thank god for the Spektar gear that's been dropping.

I'm really keen to know why there seems to be more variety (and INTERESTING variety at that!) in the RARE gear than the LEGENDARY gear. I'm also keen to know why I get the same three drops out of every engram I decrypt and reward that's given. A glance into the Armory shows me a ton of stuff I've never even laid eyes on that doesn't appear to be locked behind Trials, IB, or the Raid, so where the hell is it?

Infusion is great, but I'm long past the point where I just want a straight up Transmog system. If I was given the option to make my legendary gear look like rare gear (and sometimes even common gear!) I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread