Go home, Korny... You're drunk ;) (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, June 09, 2016, 19:05 (2929 days ago) @ Kahzgul

There's no way this expansion is the same size as TTK. Not that there's anything wrong with that... I'm really happy with how it's looking so far. But with only 1 new strike, RoI will certainly be smaller in scale than TTK. Sounds larger than TDB or HoW, though... $30 seems like the right price to me :)

Why does it having only one strike mean it's smaller than TTK? While the replayability of strikes is good, they rarely represent all that much new content or space, and almost zero story. There are a hand full of strikes I'd trade for a story mission, raid area, or social space without a second thought.

I agree. It seems to me that new strikes result in the smallest amount of mileage gained for work put in compared to raids, social spaces, and pvp maps. Most strike playstyles are completely randomly assigned, so other than that first time through, the strike isn't really going to be seen much, and unless it has amazing special best in slot drops, it won't be intentionally played much either (though it will be farmed in the most exploitative way possible).

My point was not that the strikes themselves make up a substantial part of any expansion, but that the number of strikes included in each expansion seems to correlate to the overall size of the expansion. At least that has been the case so far. Smaller expansions get fewer strikes, larger get more.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread