Why are we all farming like crazy again? (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, June 19, 2016, 23:23 (3021 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I feel like I'm missing something here...
What exactly makes Grasp of Malok so darn desirable?

I got one last night with Red Dot OES, Rangefinder, Grenadier, and a choice of Hand Laid Stock or Perfect Balance. Not the "perfect" roll, but pretty darn good. Took it into Crucible for an hour or so, and I'm totally convinced that it is inferior to the vendor Hawksaw in every significant way. Less range and stability, less impact. It has a slightly higher RoF and mag size, but the RoF does not make up for the lower impact. Technically, Grasp and Hawksaw can both 3-shot-kill, but the difference in impact means you need to land 3 perfect shots with the grasp to kill. Hawksaw is more forgiving, meaning you can get 3-shot-kills more often. The grasp almost always requires 4 shots.

So it has a slower average time to kill, and most perk rolls will also have less range and stability than the Hawksaw we can just go buy from the vendor.

Am I missing something?

I played with mine for two nights in crucible, and ran up against a bunch of Hawksaws. One guy consistently beat me... but except for him, I won almost all my Hawksaw/GoM 1v1s. Maybe on paper it's inferior to the Hawksaw... but in real play, not so much. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread