Why are we all farming like crazy again? (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Monday, June 20, 2016, 12:51 (2927 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Maybe it's my roll, or maybe it just doesn't click with me for some reason, but I was doing way better after switching to my Hawksaw. I'm probably not the best judge though... Fast RoF Pulse Rifles have never been my strongest weapons. It's just not an archetype I do well with. I'm just a bit confused by the enthusiasm to grind for a weapon that is so similar (I'd argue slightly worse) than another gun that has been available at the vendor for 2 months now. No big deal, just curious how others are finding it :-/

I tried the farming for about 90 minutes on Friday. It was enough to get a couple of Grasps, and one was quite usable. The farming itself was actually pretty cool; after having done Omnigul the usual way a few dozen times, over the past year or so, finally having a modifier setup that allows you to kill her faster than Eris can say 'Destroy her!' is super-fun. ;)

Two runs before I quit, I remember saying to the guys I was playing with, "wow, there's almost no thinking involved here." So basically, I got my fill of stupid-fast Omnigul kills, got a fun gun to play with, and walked away. To me, that's the essence of a good day on Destiny.

I remember watching a video from one of the big streamers, when the farming for the Grasp first started (last summer?). I remember thinking, "yeah, I'll never be doing that - it looks super-hard, and super-boring." And I never did. If Solar Burn hadn't shown up right after GG was super-buffed, farming this Nightfall would have been hard, and probably boring. And I would have skipped it.

But it wasn't hard, and it wasn't boring (at least for a while), and so I tried it. And I got a pretty cool gun.

I bought the vendor Hawksaw soon after it became available, and tried it out in crucible. It really wasn't my style; I was getting creamed. So I put it in the vault.For whatever reason, GoM feels better to me, and melts opponents. So I'll keep using it. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread