Music in Destiny

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, July 01, 2013, 11:22 (3961 days ago) @ General Vagueness

I want to at least be able to turn the music off; I'd prefer low/med/high/off settings for music, voices, and SFX
oh, customizable controls while you're at it >_>

I'm not rehashing this debate with you, but I trust the audio team at Bungie completely. Part of the reason I buy Bungie games is for the superior quality of the aural experience. In other words, the mix is not a customizable option--it's part of the art we're buying.

It's not about trusting them, it's about everyone not having the same preferences. Besides, if customization is such a big focus, it just makes sense to let us customize the sound and controls.

No, it doesn't.

I don't see how, but OK. What about the other part, about people being different? The ability to make small changes can produce a large increase in satisfaction.

We've been over this. I understand the desire for the features, and you'll have no trouble finding people who agree with you. I also understand the desire of developers to not relinquish control over some aspects of the experience they are building for us. They are hired precisely for their talent in creating spaces that provide these experiences. (Needless to say, for me, the aural space they create is inseparable from other elements.) There's a reason they're making characters customizable--to give you a unique identity, personality, and so on. That reasoning does not and practically cannot apply to every aspect of the game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread