Music in Destiny

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, July 02, 2013, 12:34 (3960 days ago) @ General Vagueness

We've been over this. I understand the desire for the features, and you'll have no trouble finding people who agree with you. I also understand the desire of developers to not relinquish control over some aspects of the experience they are building for us. They are hired precisely for their talent in creating spaces that provide these experiences. (Needless to say, for me, the aural space they create is inseparable from other elements.) There's a reason they're making characters customizable--to give you a unique identity, personality, and so on. That reasoning does not and practically cannot apply to every aspect of the game.

I didn't say anything about every aspect of the game, just the volume of different things and the controls.
While I'm thinking of it, in single-player, and campaign-type co-op if it exists, it would be nice to be able to save without quitting and quit without saving (along with a "save and quit" option).

Um... nobody seems willing to walk away from this, so let me help.

GV - you've made your point; you think we should have control over more audio features than Bungie has been willing to give its users up to this point in its history. Kermit has tried to explain why he's fine with NOT having this control. You clearly don't agree with each other... but everyone else (and probably even the two of you) understand EXACTLY where the other person stands, and what the arguments are. It's not going to be solved here on this forum (or on any forum) - so unless you're going to offer something that HASN'T been offered before (rather than simply reiterating the arguments you've put forth a whole bunch of times now)... maybe it's time to simply drop it.

(The 'quit without saving' option is something Mig has been pushing for for years and years and years; again, this argument has been made DIRECTLY TO THE BUNGIE EMPLOYEES RESPONSIBLE FOR UI - if they continue to release games without the option, it's not because they don't know we want it, it's because they've decided there are other places to spend their time. Continuing to ask the same thing over and over will not endear you to the people you're trying to influence.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread