Dark video, side by side, same level. (DBO)

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, July 30, 2016, 12:16 (2819 days ago) @ BlackstarBSP

True.

But that is easier at the time than say, "Hey, lest wait 'til (insert player's name here) recalibrate's their TV correctly.
Especially right before a raid. ;) In those situations, I just want the player to see the target. :P

But my systems are calibrated correctly for HD REC 709, gamma, color saturation, refresh rate and latency.
Only other thing I can think of, is there might be something on his that is set to RGB when it's looking for YUV.

You make it sound like you think there is "a" setting that is perfect for all systems; that there must be something wrong with my setup (you used the words "too bright" in a few places, and this suggestion that my inputs might be wrong). You seem to be ignoring the fact that all calibration needs to be done with respect to the environment that the screen is being used in. When I move my office from one place to another (and I've done that at least 4 times in the past 2 years, because of the remodel we STILL haven't finished), I recalibrate my screens - and there are always changes. Because light in the basement isn't the same as light in the den, or in a front bedroom.

My settings are CLEARLY darker than yours - but that doesn't make them 'wrong', or set to an incorrect color space - it means my environment is different than yours.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread