Minor spoilers in the article, maybe below... (Gaming)

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 18:32 (2812 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I've played 40-50 hours of no man's sky. For the most part I played like the author did the second time through.

I have been to 8 star systems, two atlas interfaces. I've scanned most of the things on most of the planets I've been on. I have really enjoyed the ride thus far.

Yesterday I started to top out. My multi-tool has long since been fully upgraded to where I want it at maximum capacity. My exo suit inventory slots have also been maxed out since last week. The past 10-15 hours have been a mix between exploring a few new systems and jumping from crashed ship to crashed ship looking for more storage space.

I have been disappointed that dialogue in abandoned outposts are repeating. That I've learned all the multi-tool and ship blueprints a few times over. (I think there might be a few factory based blueprints left to discover, but hard to say) I've taken it maybe TOO slow and am reaching some of the limits of the content within a few hops of where I started.

I am concerned about my journey ahead. Because once I max out my ship I'm not sure there's much reason to get me to progress. There is the joy of discovery, which is quite cool. But if the interactions at each location, the crafting, etc are all the same then I'm mostly done. Because as beautiful and technically amazing as this game is, the scenery isn't enough to get me to explore for forever.

Things are still new though. I've recently discovered the joy of space combat now that I have a ship with weapons which actually kill pirates. I have yet to explore underwater, or much on hostile planets. I have monolith stories to collect. And I have a metric F-ton of a ways to go towards the center of the galaxy.

I expect I'm 75% of the way through the ride, and I've enjoyed pretty much every minute of it. Even cussing at the inventory management issues. =)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread