One of my favorite things about the Subclass quests... *sp* (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 13:58 (2826 days ago) @ Korny

As I think about it, I'm realizing the the thing that made me like it so much is the way they directly tied the history and lore with your current struggles together. Previous Destiny expansions or sub-plots have tried to do similar things in the past, but I've always found it to be one-sided. We learn a little bit about the history of Crota and the moon, as well as the Fireteam that "went down into the pit", but we never actually see anything tied to that fireteam. We just hear Eris talking about them non-stop.

You interacted with people who had been there before, and left evidence of their presence. There are bodies, scorch marks, and a sense that you're on the trail and catching up. You never do (in time) of course, but the sense of connection was there. Sucks that you can't replay them, they were a real treat.

That was one of the great things about Halo back in the day. Seeing the Lifeboats fly by, finding the crash site, then finding the survivors as they're in the middle of a battle, and working to save enough survivors so that you can rebuild your forces to mount a counter-attack on one of the enemy ships that caused you to evacuate in the first place? Man...

Destiny definitely needs more "things happened here" moments...

I personally thought the still hot cut marks on the walls that carved a path for you at the beginning was a very nice touch. It felt like you were following a giant beast that had cut it's way through the cosmodrome.

The other thing I really wish that Destiny would do is having a feeling of battle between good and evil that is in progress. We get teased about it when we defend a spot waiting for the hawks to bring reinforcements only to find out "Oh, you killed everything? Okay we will just hover here and watch"

I know the AI isn't that great, but frankly I don't care. What I wouldn't give to come upon a couple AI Guardians in a skirmish with some enemies. All we ever get is skirmishes between Enemies. The only fight I see between gaurdians and enemies is either myself or rando's fighting in a public space, which is just a slaughtering ground.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread