Sometimes it's the team. (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Friday, October 07, 2016, 06:15 (2808 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Went in earlier this evening with a team I play with often; usually, we're a solid group, winning more than we lose, occasionally with moments of brilliance. Tonight... not so much. We got our asses handed to us five straight games.

I took a break, played some Archon's Forge, patrolled a bit. Came back with SteelGaribaldi (who'd been playing with us in the first, horrible, round), got stomped again. Picked up Midnight and CougRon... another beating. Finally picked up two buddies I used to raid with a bunch, and everything turned around.

4 straight wins, a game we probably would have lost had we not all been Anteater'd, then two more wins before we lost too much of the team to remain coherent.

When stomping, Supremacy is really, really fun. When getting stomped, it's exactly the opposite. (I think this is more true of Supremacy than any other Destiny gametype. I can lose - even lose badly - at Control, or Clash, or even Rift, and not feel like hiding under the dining room table. Supremacy makes me want to cry when it's bad.)

Dunno. I figure it'll even out as I get more used to it. It's still a novelty.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread