i really really don't know what to think about supremacy (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, October 07, 2016, 13:06 (2813 days ago) @ someotherguy
edited by dogcow, Friday, October 07, 2016, 13:10

I also don't like that it seems to encourage behaviour that would otherwise be considered poor play. Rushing endlessly with a shotgun is fine if you have two friends with you doing the same, because when one or two of you is killed, the crest is denied immediately by the third. Ive seen my team do this and the three players had abysmally low K/D but it didn't matter be ause they only had to kill and collect from one person to break even. Meanwhile ranged teamshooting engagements earn very few points as both teams take it in turns dying and denying with no one able to pick up any crests. In fact ranged engagements (like the inevitable mid-map one on Icarus) seem only to serve the purpose of seeing whose stormcaller or hammerbro can get their super first.

Running around without teammates backing you up is a recipe for getting stomped. I find that there are 2 winning play-styles in supremacy:
1- a team of 4-6 moving around the map as a group mopping up the other team, or a variation of the same thing two coordinated groups of 3/3 or 4/2 moving around the map as a group with the smaller group flanking. (short to medium range weapons dominate, fusion rifles can be amazing)
2- locking down an area and drinking the sweet stream of blueberry juice that trickles into your position. You just have to develop a small push & fallback rhythm to collect all the crests they drop, a small push forward to kill & pickup crests then fallback to lure them to the kill box again. (I've seen teams shine that have one or two snipers or a couple mid-long range players with the rest of the team playing short range)
I think the map & team you have will determine which strategy is the best.

I find I do best when I'm a just a few meters behind a teammate & teamshoot whoever they're engaging with. I also do well luring people around a corner only to meet up w/ my partially charge fusion rifle at short-mid range.

Edit: I guess the point of this whole post was to say, "yeah, I see people just rushing endlessly with a shotgun, and that's totally a recipe for failure unless you have friends backing you up." I guess it doesn't bother me that behaviors that can be losing behaviors in other modes can be winning behaviors in this mode. The game mode is different & rewards different strategies.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread