There Will Be No Bridges in Destiny (Getting rid of trolls)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, August 12, 2013, 08:37 (3918 days ago) @ Leisandir

I get really iritated when a game leaves out friendly fire. I recognize that there are assholes out there, but it always feels like a significant aspect of strategy has just been cut out; powerful area of effect weapons are only overpowered if you don't have to worry about who's in the target area.

I go back and forth on this. I agree with you with the strategy part but I also love the Battlefield franchise which by default has friendly fire on. The reason Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3 were so good was they incentivise and encourage players to not be jerks, the major way is by giving you points for helping your team (and more for helping your squad) and the other is by leaving friendly fire off. Because of this Battlefield 3 games tend to be much more fun and strategic than say Call of Duty games. So I guess my point is no friendly fire can be bad, but if done right it at least is not a big deal.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread