*sOT* FYI - XboxOne does another 180. (Gaming)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, August 12, 2013, 14:49 (3881 days ago)

Hi! Long time no see, probably because Sleep is really important - or so I hear. If I had some I could find out but I digress. . .

IGN recently (AUGUST 5) posted an article where its users could ask "MARC WHITTEN, CHIEF XBOX ONE PLATFORM ARCHITECT" any question they wanted.

One question that was asked was...

Since Kinect must be plugged in for the Xbox One to function, what happens if your Kinect breaks? Like if it falls off the top of your TV onto a hardwood floor or something? Will the console cease to function?

Once you get past the PR that many of us have heard before the answer gets interesting...

That said, like online, the console will still function if Kinect isn’t plugged in, although you won’t be able to use any feature or experience that explicitly uses the sensor.

For those somehow not in the know - it was reported multiple times that the XboxOne HAD to (as in MUST be) plugged in for the XboxOne to even power on. It seems now that this is not the case anymore.

I would like to note that Kotaku is the only reason I became aware of this at all since I don't frequent IGN much. I know there are some here who frequent neither so - FYI - Now you know.

Rebut as you will.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread