I'm relieved that the Kinect is now not a REQUIREMENT (Gaming)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 14:47 (3908 days ago) @ Pyromancy

No seriously
I have not, and will not, use a Kinect. Hopefully no game devs make it a full fledged requirement (I'm going to have to see some proposed gameplay option that is truly compelling in order for me to halfway consider the extremely limited use of the thing)

I'm terribly glad that the rumored requirement has been rescinded. The One has possibly zombie crawled back onto The List for consideration.

The Kinect on the 360 is extremely limited. It will be interesting to see what new kinds of gameplay are enabled with the Xbox One. For example, instead of having a button dedicated to melee game developers could detect a quick thrust of the controller towards the screen. The Star Wars Kinect game on the 360 was fun as long as you weren't hoping for a game that let you actually control a lightsaber, but on the Xbox One they could perhaps realize something a bit better.

Of course it's all still just speculation based on what MS has announced, but if it's like they say it is the possibilities are exciting.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread