TLDL? (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, June 09, 2017, 20:07 (2515 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Regarding dual wielding in H2, IMHO, it was fun if you had the right 2 weapons in hand, but if you didn't & only had 1 it sucked, you were only 1/2 as powerful as someone who had 2. Could it be balanced in this day & age? I believe it could be, but you'd have to do something drastic to make it work, cut firing rates in 1/2 or absolutely destroy the accuracy of the weapons, or something icky like that.

The tradeoff in Halo 2 was ostensibly that you gave up grenades and melees, but that didn't really end up being balanced after all is said and done.

I mean, DW was pretty garbage after a few updates in H2. They actually tweaked *down* the damage of weapons while you DW them, so you got maybe 1.5x DPS instead of 2x dps, and no DW combos were any good at range.

Especially with BXR in play there wasn't a reason to DW.

Halo 3 got it a bit better, and you could situationally get some tactical advantage. I used to camp some corners with dual SMGs and chew guys down.

Early on, PP/Pistol was okay. And of course Dual Wielding plasma pistols could sometimes work if you stuck close to a buddy with a Battle Rifle.

I still enjoy running around w/ dual maulers in H3... just for the funz of it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread