For Android, Poweramp is a handy application (Destiny)

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Sunday, June 11, 2017, 04:26 (2514 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan
edited by Pyromancy, Sunday, June 11, 2017, 04:49

Volume was low for me as well (om Android). I was listening through my car's Bluetooth connection and had to turn the volume way up, which resulted in a deafening blast of sound every time Waze interrupted with a traffic alert. :P

For the Android ecosystem, Poweramp is a handy application (note: Russian developer? Some open-ish permissions?).
You should be able to bump the gain up, and it also has a rudimentary EQ (from what I can recall years ago)

I did the direct download mp3 from Bnet link to my Android phone and used the standard music player for my device. I had the volume at around 65-70% and was fine. Quiet room, 3.5mm wired closed ear headphones. I just played a song (music, ambient rock), at the same volume and had to turn the volume to about 50% for a similar sounding (comfortable) volume.

I didn't really have a problem in my case but yes, the Podcast could maybe use a boost or volume standardization to put it in line with music or other podcasts?
Streaming, Bluetooth, loud environment, iTunes settings, etc I could see all being potentially problematic

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread