Great Interview With Luke Smith (Destiny)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, June 14, 2017, 16:27 (2497 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Is there a world in which we never find out who the Exo Stranger was talking to on the phone?

Yeah, I mean, there’s a world where you never find out anything else about the Exo Stranger, and there’s a world where the Exo Stranger is the star of—

Destiny 3?

[Laughs] Yeah, there’s a world where the Exo Stranger has a cartoon or a comic book series or whatever. With Destiny, we have so many cool opportunities to tell stories in and out of the game. And we have a bunch of characters who are interesting, but the Exo Stranger is one that always makes me chuckle a little bit. Because I feel that’s one character where we actually wrapped up the arc. She gave you a sweet gun and then dissolved, presumably off to do something else.

Wow. If I didn't know who Luke Smith was, I'd wonder if this person had ever actually played through the story missions. Seriously, that sounds like something my mom would say. "Oh, good job, Sweetie! You got your reward, so I guess you're all done now, right?"

The Exo Stranger was the only thing that seemed to resemble a story in vanilla Destiny. There's no way they seriously think they wrapped that up.

-Disciple

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread