I, respectfully disagree. (Destiny)

by squidnh3, Wednesday, June 14, 2017, 20:38 (2479 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

If it was a far more casual sit down, like some random podcast on any old day, and everyone is laughing and having a good time, then yes - I'd be right with ya Wu. But this? Sorry. I respectfully disagree.

I mean, they did quote him as laughing while he said this, so it seems clear it was at least partially a spoken interview that was transcribed and edited.

Anyway, when I read it again here I was more sure it was sarcasm, but reading it again in full it comes right after this answer:

"Ghaul seems like a cool new big-bad to introduce in the same way Oryx rocked up for The Taken King and provided the main antagonist. But are we going to learn any more about the core story introduced in Destiny 1, who the Speaker is and where he comes from, what the Darkness is? Are we going to hear from the Exo Stranger? Are those kind of questions going to be answered in Destiny 2?

Not specifically all of those questions. I think some of those questions we’ve taken off the shelf to look at, and some of those questions we’re leaving on the shelf and may never answer. Personally, I think of Destiny 1 as sort of an issue zero in a comic book series. It’s about introducing the universe and some characters in it and some statements, but I think we want to—and a bunch of those statements were questions. I don’t know that we’ll answer all of those statements from the first game, and aren’t going to attempt to in Destiny 2 either. We’re telling a story here with some momentum and I think it’s going to show direction and progress for where the arc of Destiny is going to go. And that arc is, for us, really beginning with game two."

Reading Luke's answer to the Exo Stranger follow-up question is much more confusing/concerning when you have the highlighted sentence in mind.

Of course, the counterpoint to this is that if the Exo Stranger does make a surprise appearance in Destiny 2, how does Luke even answer that question?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread