Cross platform gameplay (Gaming)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, June 27, 2017, 12:25 (2504 days ago) @ Cody Miller

There is no reasonable "balance issue" I can think of to prevent people from either using the same characters across Destiny for Windows and Destiny for Xbox.

I thought you were talking about cross playform co-op. As in, simultaneous play with someone on the PC and Xbox. As far as just characters being platform agnostic, this is probably true, although what if things like drop rates were adjusted? Then you could gear up faster on one platform, and transfer to the other. Or maybe certain perk combinations are removed on one platform only. Only thing I can think of that they might object to.

Has that ever happened with Destiny on a single platform? They definitely can handle different item availability on different platforms with the same character. They already have. I didn't have the same exclusive items on both the Xbox One and the 360. The item simply wasn't there on the platform that didn't have access to it. There was some weirdness sometimes (it wouldn't actually replace a missing ship, for example, and you'd have an invisible ship), but it caused no problems.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread